Saturday, January 23, 2010

Just things....

It is very sad that I have not posted since New Years...but had you seen my homework schedule, you would understand. It was brutal. But, it was made bearable by all the rain we've been having!

I love the rain. It is over now, but when it was storming outside, I would stare out the window watching the wind ravage the trees, and the rain droplets spin sideways from the force of the storm. It was lovely, especially when I was dry and warm and sipping hot coffee.

I almost wish it would rain again, but I know that a lot of people where I live have suffered from the storms. So I won't wish it back, but I remember it fondly. And who knows, the weather has been so crazy lately, that it might rain again tonight!

In other news, I discovered that Francis Hodgson Burnett, author of the classic and fantastical The Secret Garden and A Little Princess wrote a book that I did not know existed! It is called The Lost Prince and I am currently on page 37 and loving it. She is an amazing author, and I could probably read The Secret Garden over and over again forever.

Have any of you seen the movies made from her books? They're really good.I found the movie-versions of Garden and Princess at Target about three years ago for super cheap and have been enormously happy ever since. I highly recommend them to you.

The time has come for me to finish this post, but not before I announce: I am going to Panama! In thirteen days! I'm so excited! I'm going on a missions trip, and I will be gone for nine days. It is going to be very hot in Panama. Shorts need to be purchased.

As I have a large paper deadline looming, I must say goodbye, and I will make sure and post all about the trip!

Cheers,
Jo <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment